Dictionary.com just added and modified more than a thousand definitions. The site found the words by studying literature, scientific journals, news articles, and more. The update includes terms for gaming, gender, and the 2016 elections.
Here are some of the new words and definitions:
- agender: relating to a person who does not have a specific gender identity or recognizable gender expression.
- basic: characterized by predictable or unoriginal style, interests, or behavior.
- dark web: the portion of the Internet that is intentionally hidden from search engines, uses masked IP addresses, and is accessible only with a special web browser.
- lifehack: a tip, trick, or efficient method for doing or managing a day-to-day task or activity.
- slacktivism: actions taken to bring about political or social change but requiring only minimal commitment, effort, or risk: students engaging in slacktivism by signing an online petition.
- smartwatch: a computing device that resembles a wristwatch…
View original post 16 more words